Every month we’re sitting down with a member of the Velez team and asking them a series of questions so you can get to know them better!
This month’s Feature Friday is our International Account Manager, Lorita Xhaferi.
What is your role at Velez?
– International Account Manager
What does your typical workday involve? (day to day duties)
– I usually start the day by organizing/prioritizing what needs my attention most. A typical day would be receiving requests from clients, preparing the quotes for them, and most importantly following up with things that have already been worked on. Other than that many internal/ external meetings.
What do you enjoy most about your role at Velez?
– Sales has been with me for some considerable years of my life but Velez has shown me a completely different frame of how the sales department can be/ function. If I had to highlight one thing from the role meeting different people (even if that means virtually for the time being) and getting to hear/ learn from their perspective definitely stands on top of the list.
What motivates you at work?
– Passion for what I do has always been my main incentive; this has been intertwined perfectly with my role at Velez. People I work with are another inseparable part of the job satisfaction I get; we’re very well-knit with the team and it’s a great community to be a part of.
What do you enjoy doing at the weekend?
– I like a good long walk and baking a cake when I get back home (calories need to be regained somehow)
If you could learn to do anything what would it be?
– Professional paragliding.
If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would do or buy?
– Shopping spree! A long clothes & makeup list in my mind right now J And of course lots of traveling after that.
What is your favorite tv show?
– A really old one but stays a classic for me. “Everybody hates Chris”
If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
– I’ll say “Perhaps” by Doris Day.
What do you like to eat? Favorite food?
– Spaghetti and no regretti in that!
Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
– Never trust your fears. They do not know your strengths! – We’re often much stronger than we think we are, amazing things can happen if we push past our doubts and do great things anyway.